The Emerging Athlete Pathways (EAP) program supports eligible young athletes, coaches and officials aged 10-18 years to progress on a development pathway by providing financial assistance to help alleviate the costs associated with attending state, national and international events.
Who is eligible?
Applicants eligible to apply for support are those who:
- have been selected as an athlete, coach, or official at an eligible State, National or International event
- have their selection/attendance confirmed by the relevant event selector or event organiser for their event
- are current resident of Queensland
- have not already been approved (or have submitted an application that is pending approval) under this program for attendance at 2 events (to either compete, coach or officiate) with event start dates within the same financial year
- are at least 10 years of age but under 19 years of age at the start of the event
- are required to travel at least 125km (one-way) from their home to the event location.
Events must be a Queensland State Championship, Australian National Championship or International Championship to be eligible. The full list of events is available on the eligible events list.
Detailed eligibility information is available in the EAP guidelines and terms and conditions.
Applications can be made from time of selection up until 6 months after the event start date. Applications must be made using the appropriate State, National or International application form.
Please read the EAP guidelines and terms and conditions prior to lodging your application, and ensure you include:
- Event title as listed on the eligible events list
- Distance from home address to event location
- Appropriate selection documentation to attach
- Bank account details of where the funds will be paid.
MQ Eligible Events
- Aust U16 Individual and Teams Speedway Championships
- Australian Junior Dirt Track Championships
- Australian Junior Motocross Championships
- Australian Junior Track Championships
- QLD Dirt Track and Track Championships
- QLD Junior Females Motocross Championships – TBC
- QLD Motocross Championships
- QLD Trials Championships
- QLD U16 125 State Speedway Solo Titles & U16 125 State Pairs – U16 250cc Qld State Solo Titles – TBC