The short answer is: YES!
Contact information gained by organisations, businesses and clubs is an essential element to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
When a person is diagnosed with COVID-19, the local public health unit (PHU) commences Contact Tracing to assess the movements of the person with COVID-19 while they were infectious and determine who in community are considered ‘close contacts’.
We all want to continue to enjoy sport, active recreation and fitness pursuits, to be outdoors and to spend time with our friends and family, so please continue to follow the established COVID Safe guidelines and practices.
Regarding contact information, organisations and businesses must:
• Prominently display your Conditions of Entry sign
• Actively collect all attendees’ contact information
• Ensure your system is efficient, secure, stores the data for 56 days and enhances privacy
• Know how to access the stored data quickly when it is requested by the PHU
• Remember the contact information is only for the purposes of contact tracing.
Participants and patrons:
• Look out for and proactively sign-in
• Provide correct details
• Check out when finished