The Queensland Government has announced that Round 7 of the Get Started Funding program is due to open this Wednesday, 27th January.
Get Started is one of three funding programs that comprise the Queensland Government's Get in the Game initiative to support grassroots sport and recreation.
Get Started assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club by providing a voucher of $150.00 to help pay the cost of membership and/or participation fees with a registered Get Started club.
Round 7 Dates:
• Voucher applications open on Wednesday, 27 January 2016.
• Voucher applications close on Wednesday, 30 March 2016, or earlier if all available vouchers are allocated.
• Vouchers expire (must be presented to a Get Started club) by Friday, 6 May 2016.
• Voucher redemptions close (Club must redeem) by Friday, 20th May 2016.
Recent changes to Get Started:
• Referral agents: School teachers, local councillors, council youth development officers and members of parliament are no longer eligible to be referral agents.
A number of new positions have also been added as referral agents. For more information on referral agents view Refer a child for a Get Started Voucher.
Applying for a voucher:
• Review the Get Started Vouchers fact sheet for parents
• Find a Get Started registered club near you
The distribution of Get Started vouchers is managed using an online system called QGrants. Parents, guardians and carers must register for a QGrants account before applying for a voucher. You can create a QGrants account at any time.
Visit the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing's website
for more information, or view Queensland motorcycling clubs that accept Get Started vouchers here